Monday, March 19, 2012

Rainy Day Women #12 and 35 ( ..and Waiouru..)

Another day of liquid sunshine here in Waiouru..work is finished for the day so once again I have a chance to pick up the story where I left off last. First let me introduce you to my direct supervisor, George Pycraft. George is the Assistant Curator for the Technology Collection at Pye Range ( no relation!) and has been working here for nearly 20 years. George is our resident humour expert and has a thousand page volume on the worst jokes ever told available to him at a moment's notice. He would give Don Wragg a run for his money!

George and his wife Bev
George is extremely knowledgeable and in the time I have worked with him here, I have learned many a thing or two from him. There are four people who work in this wing: George Pycraft, Chris Williams, Tess Smallwood and Myself. George and Tess are both ex-pat Brits, with George coming over in 1963 and Tess immigrating with her husband Adam quite recently. Adam works in the Museum proper with Heraldry.

You can see Tess and I at this link on the Museum web page..not the best photo I must admit, but certainly not as horrendous as my I.D  card which looks like I was just released from Rikers Island.

http://www.armymuseum.co.nz/museum-news/#doug

No comments: